Sunday 20 June 2010

Spot the difference

Dear girls,

So who's who? Just been looking at photos and found these two where you look similar. You are very very similar thus far. At 10 weeks, P is the image of your older sister....though a wee bit bigger (size to be confirmed at weigh in tomorrow!).

On holiday this week, a waitress looked at you both, looked again, and then commented on how alike you are. I don't see the similarity now. Not sure why. I guess because to me E is a grown up wee thing, and P is just a teeny baby. But I know how much P looks like E did as a tiny. I guess this is the next apology (think it's #3...already!). I just know I'll be one of those mothers who is asking, "Which of you is it in this picture?" when you're older. At the moment I can tell by the style of my glasses if I'm in the pic. And in one of the ones posted above, I could see a laptop in the corner of one of them. I know that's an old laptop, so that picture must be E. My deduction skills are fab....but I'm hoping they last me till I'm old and grey!

I sit now and wonder what you will look like in a year, two years, ten years. Will you still look similar? Will P's dark baby hair become the golden locks that E has now? Will you both go darker as you get older as I did? What colour will your eyes become? Will you both like the same things?

I'm nothing like Uncle Paul. I don't think people would even put us as related if they saw us in a line up. We're not that similar in personality or likes/dislikes either. Daddy and Auntie Claire look alike, though Uncle Andrew looks different (though Grandpa commented that younger photos of Daddy look like Uncle Andrew!). It's bizarre.

Who will you end up looking like? At the moment you're both very like me. Especially P with your gorgeously chubby baby thighs. "Gorgeously chubby" is not, of course, how I describe my thighs,....though maybe I shall take it on! Which character traits will you have of mine? Which from Daddy? Who knows. I know I can't wait to find out.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment