Friday 15 March 2013

Don't grow up too soon

Dear girls,

It's been a long time since I blogged. I'm sorry. I kept thinking I should, but life is so busy. I thought about it after your Christmas performances when you were a fabulous Angel and a cheerleader(!); at Christmas when you were so delighted and grateful for your many many gifts; the many days when you have made me smile. I thought about it, but never did it.

Recently Phoebe has been loving Pooh's Heffalump Movie and in it Kanga puts Roo to bed and sings him a song. It makes me cry. The lyrics say :
Little Mister Roo
Reaching for the moon
So many things you've got to do
And no time for dreaming

Little Mister Roo
Let the stars shine over you
Don't grow up too fast too soon
Save some time for dreaming
Settle in, settle down
Let me see that sleepy yawn on your face
Close your eyes
I will love you completely
And always

Little Mister Roo
The moon shines silver over you
No one knows you like I do
And little Mister Roo
Reaching for the moon
Don't grow up too fast
Too soon


It just makes me think. E is 5 1/2 and growing up so fast. You're beautiful, tall, blonde and leggy. A mum's nightmare! You're doing really well at school, loving reading and maths, with lots of friends (especially your Year 5 buddy!) and such a  happy disposition. P is almost 3. Almost 3?! How is that possible?! It doesn't seem very long since you were a tiny tiny baby. You're loving nursery, learning all the time. A chatterbox like your sister and so very grateful for everything. When you get dressed in a morning, you ask who bought your clothes and then want to go and thank them for buying them!

Time flies when you have children, and I want to grab every moment and remember it. I wish I didn't have to work and could spend more moments with you, but I'm on a mission to make the most of the times we have. The cuddles, the love, the smiles. You're amazing!

So little Miss Tessie and Miss Phoebe, reaching for the moon.
Don't grow up too fast,
Too soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment