Wednesday 15 September 2010

Wedding bells...

Dear E,

You've been a bridesmaid twice now, and you're not even three. Here's hoping "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" isn't true for you. Mind you that would save me from having to write Daddy's speech....!

Anyway, recently at a family wedding, we were driving from the church to the reception when your little voice piped up from the back. The conversation went a little like this :

E : When's our wedding?
M : We're not having a wedding.
E : When I'm big can we have one?
M : When you're big, if you find a nice man that you love, you can have a wedding darling.
E : I choose Daddy to be a man. I love Daddy.

Cue conversation about Daddy being already married to Mummy and you can't marry him, but how lovely it is that you love him. All went quiet for a while, we started a different conversation in the front, and then your little voice piped up again :
"I want a lady when I'm bigger....not a man."

We did giggle. All we want is for you to be happy little bear.

Love,
Mummy x

No comments:

Post a Comment